If you’re thinking about starting a corporate shoe program with Saf-Gard, you probably have a couple of questions. Luckily for you, we have the answers here. Corporate shoe programs allow your employees to pick the style and brand that best fits your workplace and their individual needs. The payroll deduction plans keep your employees safe while saving your company money and time at work lost due to injuries. Without further ado, let’s get into the do’s and don’ts of having your own corporate shoe program.
- Get rid of those ugly shoes. When people think of a safety shoe, they often think that it has to be ugly to be functional. In reality, we offer many styles and brands that your employees already know and love, so you can create a culture of safety and style.
- Offer a Payroll Deduction Program in order to give employees more options on how to pay for their shoes.
- Let people know about the shoe program! You alone are not an entire corporation, so advertise your shoe program through internal newsletters, breakroom posters, or the occasional email blast.
- Let new employees know about the corporate shoe program right away, and get them registered for it and your Payroll Deduction Program.
- Keep the ordering process simple. Employees can order online for themselves or submit their orders through your management team to us. That process is entirely up to you and how you want your shoe program to operate.
- Sometimes, the shoe just doesn’t fit. Make it easy for your employee to return shoes if they aren’t satisfied. No one wants grumpy employees because their feet hurt.
- Make it clear to employees which types of shoes are required for their specific job duties. It’s important to know about the potential hazards that each employee might face, so that they can have the safest shoes possible for their job.
- Force your employees to wear ugly shoes. We can’t stress this enough: safety shoes do not have to sacrifice style for safety! We have plenty of brands and styles that your employees have likely interacted with in the past, so there are plenty of shoes to choose from.
- Trust that your employees will buy safety shoes just because you told them to. Therefore, you should offer rewards and discounts for those employees who do participate in the shoe program (ask your Saf-Gard account manager for details).
- Throw away money on workers compensation claims and work days lost due to injuries and accidents that could have been avoided had your employees been wearing the appropriate safety attire.
- Start a corporate shoe program and keep it a secret. If no one else in your company knows about it, your program is not going to succeed. Selling anything without telling people about the product is not exactly the ideal way to conduct business of any kind.
- Make it difficult for employees to return shoes that don’t fit, aren’t comfortable or aren’t the style the were hoping for. We don’t need anyone hating your shoe program.
- Not start a shoe program! Corporate shoe programs with Payroll Deduction Plans are a great way to save your company money while giving your employees the styles that they like and lowering the amount of accidents affecting your employees.
Have any further questions or want to get started with your own program? Feel free to call us at 1-800-221-8843 or visit https://www.safgard.com/corporate-shoe-programs/start-a-program